Thursday, November 18, 2010

Neverending chapter

An excerpt from tonight's chapter:

“It's a good thing my dad disowned me,” Carla remarked. “I don't know what he'd do if he found out that I not only dating a white guy, but also a Catholic.”

“Get all your sinning over and done with,” Wes said, laughing. “Anyway, I was supposed to be a priest, and instead I end up promoting science over religion when it comes to healing, so I guess being a priest wasn't what I was meant to do, anyway.”

“Do you still believe?” Carla asked.

“I do,” Wes said, as solemnly as he would confirm a wedding vow. “I never stopped believing in the Lord. Only in men.”

Up until now, my NaNoWriMo has been following the outline pretty closely. I've added a few things here and there, but overall everything's worked out and everything's following the script.

And then Whistler decided not to deny what he'd done, and Wes decided not to wait, and a metaphysical discussion which was supposed to eat up at least a few thousand words never happened. I've lost an entire chapter and it all seems to be going to hell in a royal handbasket.

But it's okay, because I know how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment