Monday, November 15, 2010

It's more of a panic, really

When my other blog, Outside Looking In, got nominated as one of Go Overseas! top ten blogs about life in the Netherlands, I called my mom to give her the great news. She was happy for me, albeit a little confused: she doesn't quite see the point of letting the entire world read about my life. And she also couldn't conceive of what in my life would be worth posting about.

If I stop and think about it (which I don't, except for now), it really is remarkable that I've managed to keep a blog about living in the Netherlands for over a year. I mean, I'm not a member of the criminal underworld, I work in a lab, and my biggest kick of the week is going home to see my boyfriend and kitties. How I manage to keep finding things to write about, twice a week, is true "there but for the Grace of God go I" writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment